- They're good. They're very good. But not perfect, not professional--there's a sense of achievability to it that makes it aspirational, not merely admirable.
- It's nice to see a group of people clearly enjoying doing something together. They like each other, they're having fun, and it's good for us to spend time with that sort of thing.
- There are babies. Babies make nearly everything more engaging.
- "One Day More" is a powerful song--it wouldn't have quite the same impact if they were singing ... I don't know, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
- There's a sponteneity to it that makes it feel fresh, and like we're experiencing something real, not something manufactured. The little camera bobbles, the child grabbing her mother's hair, all that lends to the authenticity, and we like things that are real. They're not singing for the camera, they're singing for the joy of it.
- And of course it doesn't hurt that they're clean and comely and well-kempt.
thoughts on a viral video
Posts from This Journal “miscellanea” Tag
Even if you're not interested in video games, this is an amazing investigation into a long-standing myth/hoax. An excellent walkthough of how…
So, when Microsoft said "this may take awhile" about the most recent Windows update, they sure weren't joking.
Yesterday--or a week ago, when you read this--I was musing on just how useful the phrase "this too shall pass" is. At the time, I needed…