- They're good. They're very good. But not perfect, not professional--there's a sense of achievability to it that makes it aspirational, not merely admirable.
- It's nice to see a group of people clearly enjoying doing something together. They like each other, they're having fun, and it's good for us to spend time with that sort of thing.
- There are babies. Babies make nearly everything more engaging.
- "One Day More" is a powerful song--it wouldn't have quite the same impact if they were singing ... I don't know, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
- There's a sponteneity to it that makes it feel fresh, and like we're experiencing something real, not something manufactured. The little camera bobbles, the child grabbing her mother's hair, all that lends to the authenticity, and we like things that are real. They're not singing for the camera, they're singing for the joy of it.
- And of course it doesn't hurt that they're clean and comely and well-kempt.
thoughts on a viral video
Posts from This Journal “miscellanea” Tag
Perhaps once a year or so I'll have a dream about needing to pack up my life into two (or so) bags before my family has to flee some kind of…
I don't remember my dreams, for the most part. But every now and then one sneaks through into wakefulness with me. This morning I woke up with an…
Things that kinda suck right now: my job (which is really ~2 fulltime jobs stuffed into one) Things that definitely don't suck right now: being…