- They're good. They're very good. But not perfect, not professional--there's a sense of achievability to it that makes it aspirational, not merely admirable.
- It's nice to see a group of people clearly enjoying doing something together. They like each other, they're having fun, and it's good for us to spend time with that sort of thing.
- There are babies. Babies make nearly everything more engaging.
- "One Day More" is a powerful song--it wouldn't have quite the same impact if they were singing ... I don't know, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
- There's a sponteneity to it that makes it feel fresh, and like we're experiencing something real, not something manufactured. The little camera bobbles, the child grabbing her mother's hair, all that lends to the authenticity, and we like things that are real. They're not singing for the camera, they're singing for the joy of it.
- And of course it doesn't hurt that they're clean and comely and well-kempt.
thoughts on a viral video
Posts from This Journal “miscellanea” Tag
Things that kinda suck right now: my job (which is really ~2 fulltime jobs stuffed into one) Things that definitely don't suck right now: being…
I have finally done what I've been toying with for years now and opened a non-gmail account. It's all nice and clean and shiny and I actually…
There's some lovely acting as well as dancing in this production of The Nutcracker--and it's filmed so that you're actually up on stage…