1. an old fic (posted at least three years ago): Unspoken / In a Foreign Tongue by gekizetsu/eighth_horizon - In which there are tailypos and Sam gets a broken jaw, and it's sweet with just smidge of angst.
2. a new fic (posted within the last six months): Five Times Sam and Dean Nearly Burned Their Own House Down by kalliel - Which I'm claiming as a birthday present even if it's merely coincidental.
3. a fic you wish had gotten more attention (less than 50 kudos on AO3 or less than 30 comments on LJ): Haiku! (God Bless You) by SBG - The official summary pretty much nails it:
Dean is afflicted
Sam interprets all
4. a gen fic: Well, they're all gen so far.... How about one from the official spn_summergen fic fest? Over the Mountains of the Moon - Which is the coda to "Dark Side of the Moon" that I didn't know I was waiting for.
5. a fic focused on a female character: event horizon by deadlybride - In which Mary Winchester bakes pies. Horror pies. And it really isn't funny at all.
6. a fic which made you see a character in a new light: Always Be a Good Boy by glorious_spoon - This is sort of cheating, as it changed my understanding of an episode as much as a character: Sam, in "Folsom Prison Blues".
7. a fic which made you ship something: Small Town, Big Hell by gekizetsu/eighth_horizon - I know Sam/Sarah never could've been a thing, but this fic kind of makes me wish it could. Because I think if anyone could've fit, if the show had gone in that direction, she probably would've been the one.
8. a fic which inspired you to write: This is probably cheating, but ... pretty much everything/anything by deadlybride. Just--the skill and care of the writing, the close attention and nuanced interpretation (and deep love) of canon--! <3
9. a fic with a particularly memorable line: Match for the Keyhole by Linden - This isn't from the fic proper, but the last line of the summary lands like a blow every time:
Sam is twelve and a half years old, good with guns, better with knives, and more than capable of getting himself to and from a bus stop every day. John will leave him on his own if he has to.
Neither Dean, nor Azazel, ever will.
10. ??? (Excited to see what categories you come up with!): The fic that reintroduced me to the show after 7 year's absence: Map of the World by seperis - I've mostly lost track of this fic (so many characters! I never realized before that I'm an introvert as a reader as well as in real life), but before it turned into a 1,000,000+ word behemoth of a series, this is what caught my attention and reminded me that I'd been pretty interested in a certain TV show way back when. I'll always have a soft spot for it just because of that. (And you can read the first two installments fairly well on their own, if the overall size of the series scares you off.)