How things might have looked for those folks who were simply minding their sheep:
- While Shepherds Watched - It comes like the ending of the world: the sky splits open—open, so that the things behind the stars are visible.
- Whereat the Infant Lay - The heavens fold shut again, suddenly full of the absence of light and angels and soul-seizing music.
- Once (and many times) Upon a Midnight Clear - He didn’t go to see the angels, this time.
- Yet to Come the Distant Close - The Doctor has no chance, in that strange, frozen world of ruined time, to look for Bethlehem and babe, angels (real angels) frightening shepherds.
- Good Morrow, Masters All - He hesitates with one hand on the latch, the other caressing the stable door itself, which has been worn smooth and silver by sun and weather.
- When the Stars Were Young (and So Was I) - They fished until the sun shone hard on the beach and they’d caught enough to feed them each quite a few times over. Or rather, Faraji and Plen fished and Joy chased sand pipers and drew pictures in the sand while Faraji told her stories of being at sea.
- Merry and Bright - Lebanon wasn't really the home of Christmas cheer to begin with and living in a hidden underground bunker didn't help, but Dean had never been daunted by any of that.